American actor Richard Cetrone as a stuntman and fight choreographer. He is best known as Ben Affleck’s body double. Cetrone played the role of Batman in the superhero films Batman: v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) and Justice League (2017).
Table of Contents
Richard Cetrone was born on Thursday, July 13, 1961. (60 years old; as of 2021), in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US. His zodiac sign is Cancer. His schooling was at Montour High School. His career began as an amateur boxer in his hometown. Later, he moved to California where he made friends with world champions and became their sparring partner. He learned Jeet Kune Do and Arnis at the Inosanto Academy of Martial Arts in Los Angeles.
Ethnicity & Family
Richard Cetrone and his parents
Richard Cetrone and his son
Stunt Performer (In Films)
In 1993, he made his debut in stunt performance with the American film “3 Ninjas: Kick Up”.
He was a stuntman in American films such as The Glimmer Man (1996) and Blade (1998). He also worked in American films like 300 (2006), Iron Man (2008) and Thor (2011). As a stunt double, he worked for Ben Affleck, the actor from Hollywood, in the films Batman: Dawn of Justice (2016) and Suicide Squad (2016). He also appeared in the films Justice League (2017), Triple Frontier (2019), Zack Snyder’s Justice League (2021).
Richard Cetrone portrays Batman in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)
He was also a stunt double in Captain America: Civil War (2016), Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018), and Wonder Woman (2017).
Stunt Performer (In Television)
He made his television debut in 1996 with the American series “Nash Bridges.”
The TV series Martial Law (1998, V.I.P.) was his first job as a stunt actor. (2000), My Name is Earl (2009), Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2013), Lethal Weapon (2018) and The Mandalorian (2021-20).
He made his film debut in 1992 with the American film Mission of Justice as “The Gauntlet”.
The American films 3 Ninjas, Heatseeker (1995), Best of the Best 4 (1998) featured him in minor roles. He made his television debut with the American series Martial Law (1998) as ‘Thug/Oakley.
He was seen in American films like The Scorpion King (2002) and Underworld (2003). He was also a part of the American television series The Nine Lives of Chloe King (2011) and Sleepy Hollow (2013). He played the role of Zeus: The King in the movie ‘Army of the Dead’ in 2021.
Richard Centrone, Army of the Dead (2021).
- SportsAmerican Football
- American Football TeamPittsburgh Steelers
- He choreographed stunts for the American film “Resident Evil: Apocalypse” (2004) and TV Series “Fallen 2007”.
- Under the guidance of Inosanto, he also teaches Jeet Kune Do as well as Arnis.
- He initially planned to take Dan Inosanto’s instructorship and then return to his hometown to start a school. After working in a few movies, he discovered a passion for performing arts. He spoke about it in an interview.
Stunt work in movies was always something that intrigued me. After learning that my two training partners shared the same interest, we began practicing stunt fighting on weekends. Since I’m a martial artist, my interest in fight choreography is strong. Because I enjoy performing, I’ve lean towards performing over fighting choreography.
- He won the Screen Actors Guild Award in 2018 for Outstanding Action Performance by Stunt Ensembles in Motion Pictures for Wonder Woman. This award was shared with other stuntmen.
- He wanted to be Batman since childhood. He spoke about the experience in an interview.
Since I was a child, I’ve wanted to be Batman. At five years old, I began collecting comics and watching Batman. Since then, he’s been my favorite super hero. Zack Snyder wanted me to do some promotional shots in front the Batmobile before we began filming the film. It was winter in Detroit, and it was freezing outside. It was my first time wearing a complete suit and I was thrilled. I was constantly gazing at my shadow and geeking out. Zack repeatedly asked me if I was okay because of the cold, but I honestly didn’t notice it. (laughing). Needless to state that BvS is my favorite job in all 25 years of stunts.
- He regards his father, a basketball player at the University of Cincinnati, and his grandfather, a boxer as his role models. He spoke about it in an interview.
My dad used to tell me stories about my grandfather’s fist-skills growing up. He would travel all over the east coast to give speed bag demonstrations. Both my grandfather and father were gifted with extraordinary hand speed. Since I was a child, I wanted to be fast like my grandfather and father. I was blessed to inherit the fast-twitch gene. This ability has been very helpful in times of need, such as when I had to perform in a large latex suit but still be the fastest man in the room.Richard Cetrone is Richard Cetrone’s grandfather
- He is a passionate dog lover and has a pug named Vader.Richard Cetrone and his pet
- Bipin Mahore Wikipedia: Biography of Social Media Influencer, and Content Creator from Amravati, Maharashtra
- Amhi Kastkar (Pritam Sonone) Age, Family, Profession, Wiki, Biography, and More
- Register on Sasta Shark Tank. Registration open On Sasta Shark Tank
- Shark Tank India: Paneer Grover-Babita Papad win the hearts of fans, watch Spoof video Sasta Shark Tank
- Shark Tank India: Money rained on this 22-year-old Entrepreneur, the judges made a generous investment